The theme update can be done via FTP or via WordPress. Theme update can be done automatically or manually, depending on the method you prefer. Both methods are presented below as follows:
Manual Update can be done via FTP or via WordPress. No matter what method you choose, you first need to download the new theme files from Theme Forest. To download the new files, you need to follow these steps:
- Login to your Theme Forest account, go to Downloads and search for WeChange - One Page Petition WordPress Theme in your downloads list.
- Click on the download button and choose the files you wish to download. You can either download the Installable WordPress Theme (this consists only of the theme files needed for update) or the Main Files package.
- Now, based on your choice of install options, follow the method you prefer most:
Manual Theme Update via FTP
- Login to your FTP account and go to Wp-content > Themes. Delete the old folder called wechange.
- Unzip the new update previously downloaded. If you downloaded the Installable WordPress Theme, you will need only to unzip this file. If you downloaded the Main Files, you first need to unzip the Main Files, then you need to unzip wechange.zip
- Upload the wechange unzipped folder to your Wp-content > Themes folder.
Manual Theme Update via WordPress
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and head over to Appearance > Themes and deactivate WeChange
- Delete the old WeChange theme.
- Upload the new theme file. You can either upload the Installable WordPress Theme or unzip the Main Files package and upload the wechange.zip file.
- After uploading, activate WeChange and you are done!
You can automatically update all your Envato WP products using the Envato Toolkit Plugin. It is a WordPress toolkit for Envato Marketplace hosted items. Currently supports the following theme functionality: install, upgrade, & backups during upgrade.